Bingo is a game of pure chance, which has been in existence for centuries. It finds its origins in Italy, where it was their version of the national lottery, and is still played religiously on Saturdays even today.
It's ongoing popularity stems from the fact that it requires little skill, but is still a fun and exciting game, which lends itself to a wide demographic of players.
The rules of Bingo are simple and straightforward, you can play at most Canadian mobile casinos, and winning depends entirely on luck. There are still however a variety of practical ways in which one can maximise one’s chances of winning.
Live Bingo vs Online Bingo
In live bingo, players are issues with a card showing a series of random numbers. The caller then calls out a sequence of numbers, using a random number generator, and players mark off the corresponding numbers on their cards as they match them up. The first player to have completed marking off all the numbers on his or her card calls out Bingo! And wins the game. It is a game of chance, so there are plenty of superstitions that surround it, and some players always seem to be luckier than others!
Online Bingo is very similar to traditional or live Bingo apart from the fact of course that the online version is digital. The cards and numbers are issued digitally, and every online Bingo site has a digital display board of your numbers, and an electronic caller. The numbers in online Bingo are selected by use of a computer program, which contains an algorithm that randomly generates numbers, so online Bingo remains true to being a game of chance.
Online Bingo comes with it a series of handy playing options for example the site will mark off your numbers automatically for you. This function can be switched off if your preference is to mark the numbers off yourself.
Bingo cards have either 75 or 90 numbers depending on which version (European or Standard US rules) you have decided to play. Each number is displayed in a ball in in a random number generator on the screen. The electronic caller then generates a number and as with live Bingo, players mark the number on the cards by using their mouse to click on the square that number is in.
Whoever has filled out all the numbers on the card clicks the icon on the screen which says Bingo! And wins the game. If you are using the automatic version, the computer will announce your win for you. If you are new to the game, it’s a good way to get started using the automatic function. This will allow you to get a feel for the game without missing any numbers.
Now that you understand the basics of Bingo, here are some practical tips and tricks to ensure that you win as much as you possibly can.
Some Tips For Beginners
1. Know the rules of the game. If you are a beginner it’s a good idea to have a clear understanding of the rules of the game before you begin.
2. Decide before you start what your motivation is for playing the game. If you are there purely to have fun, then stick to that premise throughout your game. If you are there to win, then make sure that you focus and take the game seriously.
3. If you are playing online Bingo, the first thing you need to ensure is that you are playing on a reputable site. There are many options of online casinos available to players, but not all are genuine. All legitimate online Bingo sites are required to have an online gaming licence, so always check for that before you sign up. This will maximise your chances of being paid out if you win.
4. If you are playing traditional Bingo, it’s always a good idea to arrive early at the venue. This gives you time and space to find the spot where you are most comfortable, to get refreshments at the ready and to ensure that the table you have selected is not wobbly or slippery.
5. Whether you are playing live or online Bingo, it’s always wise to avoid crowds when you are starting out. So, if you are going to a live Bingo hall, pick a weeknight when there are fewer players. If you are playing online, find the games with smaller jackpots and fewer players. Although it’s tempting to go for the big prizes, those games will always have more players, which make your odds of winning lower as the prize is split by a larger number.
6. Lastly, have fun!